MONTHLY ASTROLOGY SNAPSHOT
This Lunar Month presents a threshold for humanity! We have been moving through a powerful year of restructuring and karmic ripening! The great tree of patriarchy has been shaken and as we move into 2021, we are going to see what is left, what has fallen off and what is wanting to grow.
We begin this Lunar Month with a Total Solar Eclipse in Sagittarius! Solar Eclipses are basically New Moons on steroids and with this one occurring in the great sign of Sagittarius, we may see a new vision appearing in our personal lives as well as on a collective level.
- Saturn and Jupiter conjunctions impact the collective: According to ancient astrologers, the conjunction between these two planets impacts society and it is felt as Saturn is very much impacting how we experience our daily lives and Jupiter expands everything it touches, making this shift noticeable at the everyday societal level.
- It is happening at the first degree of Aquarius. The first degree of a sign is potent and loaded with initiating energies and in Aquarius this may bring in themes of looking at shifting towards fairer distribution of wealth / knowledge / power / resources. This conjunction at the first degree of Aquarius may initiate a great restructuring of the social constructs and beliefs that have been holding society together for hundreds of years. Whether this is going to be good or bad is yet to be seen... but for sure life on Earth will be changing.
- This is the first conjunction in Air signs, kicking off a 150 year cycle of Saturn conjunct Jupiter occurring in Air signs: We are coming out of this conjunction happening in Earth signs for the last 200 hundred years. With this activation happening in an air sign, we may see some more openings, movement, new ideas pouring through. Technology is allowing us to work from home and I have a sense that part of the great restructuring will be due to this shift away from heavy city centres and out into community pods both physically and also online!
- Jupiter and Saturn will be so close that they may even appear to be one mega star. Even though these planets move into conjunctions every 20 years, it is not every time that they are physically so close. According to space.com, the last time they were this close was in 1623! Make sure you go outside in the early evening and have a look.
- This conjunction is occurring during Winter (Northern Hemisphere / Summer (Southern Hemisphere) Solstice. When there are big events happening at the turn of the seasons, the entire season is imbued with the frequency.
- Many people all over the world are aware of this event. People all over the world from different cultures are planning to honour this event! Moving together in a ritualistic way to honour this incredible turn of the seasons and the heralding of many new cycles is something that our ancestors have done forever!
Take some time to notice how this is impacting you personally? If you are one for ritual then I suggest tuning into and listening to your inner guidance as to what is restructuring in your personal life. This is a great time to recognise how much life is changing and through this recognition you then have the power to move more consciously with the ever increasing complexities of life that these new cycles are bringing in.
We then end 2020 with a nourishing Full Moon in Cancer. This Full Moon in Cancer is the final lunation for 2020 and is a sacred moment to come back home, to be with family, to nurture yourself and each other and to maybe soothe some of the wounding of 2020.
MAJOR THEMES & DATES
(i) SOLAR ECLIPSE IN SAGITTARIUS - DECEMBER 14th/15th
This Solar Eclipse is so wonderful! It really is a moment to tune into your greatest vision for your life and for the world. Sagittarius is all about dreaming big and when you have a New Moon on steroids (solar eclipse) this is the moment to really connect with the bigger vision!
(ii) THE GRAND JUPITER SATURN CONJUNCTION - DECEMBER 21st/22nd.
We are going through a grand restructuring of how we live on Earth. This may take decades to play out but sitting with this time in ritual and ceremony will support you to personally align with the new waves of energy that will be beaming through reality! This is a time to listen and to feel into what this means to you personally.
(iii) FULL MOON IN CANCER - DECEMBER 29th/30th
This Full Moon is so beautiful and so nourishing. This is the last lunation for 2020 making it a sacred time to come back to yourself and to bask in the nurturing and nourishing energy of the Moon in Cancer. We may find we are healing and making peace with what has been the most intense year!
:: There is of course so much more going on this lunar month which I am weaving into Rituals for people participating in <<<The Lunar Project >>>
Something to reflect on at this time is what are you worshipping? With Jupiter being connected to what we believe and even religion, this lunar month is a powerful moment to reflect on what you really believe and what you worship. Are you worshipping money? Do you worship being busy? Do you worship nature? Do you worship freedom?
This cycle wants to restructure (Saturn) our collective beliefs and and truths. Aquarius wants to bring in the new and when I bring all of these themes together, I get the strongest sense that we are going to see some very new themes emerging and ways of being with spirituality, money, governance, religion, where we live, how we work etc. opening up more and more.
We don't know whether these changes will be good or bad. My sense is it will be all of it... as it always is and whether or not you experience it as good or bad is entirely based on your perception and your beliefs. This cycle is going to make us question what we really believe so again, I encourage you to take the time reflect on what this truly is for you!
If you are someone who wants everything to stay the same or for everything to go back to the way it was pre 2020, you are going to suffer! Try to open your mind, heart and soul to what wants to shift. Stay centred and root yourself deep into the Earth, this way, you can allow the winds of change to move through and purify your mind and your life as opposed to being swept up in the chaos!
We are beginning some very new meta cycles this month and this lunar cycle is a powerful time to listen, reflect and tune into what you are prioritising, worshiping, and how you want to evolve with the energies. From this awareness, you can open your mind to the new paradigms that are emerging and rather than suffering the changes, you can align with the new energies in ways that will uplift, inspire and evolve you!
With love always,